Are you experienced in managing data preparation on French GAAP? If you also speak French on a native level this could be your next job opportunity!
Our client is a well-known company providing industrial gases for the manufacturing sector. From food packaging to eco-buses, their gases improve everything from the quality of our food to the air we breathe. The company has offices all over the world, and in Barcelona they have a shared service center with over 300 employees from all four corners of the globe spread across three departments: Customer Support, Supplier Service, and Liquid Bulk:Logistics.
As an Accountant, your responsibilities include:
- Being a member of the Northern Continent Financial Accounting department and being in cooperation with the Accountant Team leader for France, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands responsible for all key compliance deadlines of the company's French subsidiaries assigned to the job holder
- Timely and accurate data preparation on a French GAAP basis for external reporting to Tax Authorities and our external Auditors. Additionally, you need to work on the timely monthly reporting for US GAAP in accordance with the company’s month-end closing schedule
- Preparing the French GAAP Statutory Accounts for the French subsidiaries in a timely manner which includes the preparation of working papers and related schedules for the external audit of the accounts in order to obtain a clean sign-off for the annual accounts by our external auditor
- Being responsible for the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis in line with company policy. If the preparation of the account reconciliations requires the cooperation with peer groups and/or with other functional areas, you will be responsible for ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed and filed correctly for the French entities
- Under the supervision of the Technical Team leader for France, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands, you need to set own priorities and work plan within the overall framework of the financial accounting group and corporate deadlines
- Practical work experience of 3 to 5 years in the preparation of annual French GAAP accounts
- Tax knowledge about French Corporate Tax Returns and specific local taxes (i.e. Organic Tax, Medical Tax, Property Tax)
- Working experience in a team with other senior and junior accountants
- Ability to communicate effectively in a large multi-disciplined environment
- French GAAP Accounting study degree
- Working with SAP is considered as an advantage?
- Native level of French
- Advanced level of English