ATS Business Analyst - Carrier Operations
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Business Analyst – to join our team!
As an integral part of the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team, the Business Analyst will work to improve carriers performance for a specific geographical market. The ATS team works with Amazon’s FCs, Sort Centers, Delivery Stations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions.
This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, solid work ethic and drive, the ability to work independently and with primary stakeholders to solve complex medium and large scale issues, the ability to recommend solutions to various problems, and the skill to manage both with and without authority. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
As a Business Analyst for Carrier Operations, your key responsibilities will include:
· Generating/extracting data from our BI databases to support dive deep activities
· Checking and analysing carrier performance driven data
· Prioritizing, optimizing and delivering timely updates for metrics
· Automating reports and tools with a combination of SQL, Excel
· Partnering with stakeholders to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis to help drive projects
· Uncovering trends and correlations through data mining and analysis to develop insights that can improve the business and help make effective decisions
· Building dashboards and tools that will allow our team and cross-functional partners to self-service their data needs whenever possible
· Graphically expressing data to allow easy access and understanding for a broad range of people
· You are an integral part of the Carrier Operations Management projects to deliver measurable impact
· A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
· +3 years’ work relevant experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or another related occupation
· Experience with Microsoft Excel (VBA), SQL and relational databases
· Experience in building automation for reporting
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
· A clear passion for learning new business analysis techniques independently and continuously
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical individuals
· Fluent in English
· Master’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or related fields
· A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope
· Experience working in a lean, successful start-up or on a new product team where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Fluent in English and one European language: Spanish, French, Italian