Cablin Technician en Valencia
Data Center (Cabling) Technician – Valencia - ENGLISH SPEAKER
Permanent opportunity with Edelway (Akka Group)
Language: Fluent level of English – Spanish is a strong plus
Edelway (an established professional services consultancy) has recently joined forces with the AKKA Technologies Group (12’000 employees, 1.2b EUR turnover) to further develop the AKKA Life Sciences brand (Pharma, Biotech, Medical Devices, Cosmetics, Chemicals, Food&Drinks;). AKKA Life Sciences is a pan-European professional services consultancy with offices in Switzerland, Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and Italy providing IT/Engineering/Pharma resources to global Life Science clients.
To support our global end client in Valencia, we are looking for a Data Center (cabling) Technician to join our growing team on a permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the cabling and physical installation and support of IT Infrastructure inside the Data Center
• Testing and deployment of physical Data Center devices and DC ancillaries (Racks, PDUs, patch panels, structured cabling) as well as all related technical documentation.
• Responsible of the Data Center operations at Tier 1 and handles request fulfilment, incident resolution as well participate in the problem resolution, preventive maintenance related to Datacentre cabling and facility environment.
• Minimum Three years of hands on experience working on IT preferably in large Data Center environments support structured cabling and support.
• Knowledge of structured cabling and techniques including racking and mounting of network equipment (routers, switches, servers, appliances)
• Good knowledge of:
o Rack accessories PDU or CMC and associated management software such as DCIM
o HP ProLiant servers, enclosures and HP Servers management tools and practices
o Data Center operations, Local Area Network and network management tools and practices
o DATA CENTER Cabling international standards, (ANSI/TIA, EIA, BICSI)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment.
• Experience in drafting technical documents.
• Exposure in Information Security Management System (ISMS: ISO 27001), ITIL and ISO 20000 framework and other industry standard related best practices.
What´s in it for you?
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, an attractive bonus structure and comprehensive benefits package.
Ability to work for a stable and growing company with an established relationship with global European multinationals
A path to personal development with coaching from senior manager working with you