Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently recruiting for a Automation Engineer in our Valencia Spain location.
- Manage multiple technical projects targeting continuous improvement results in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency, delivery, and cost.
- Follow the direction of the project manager or other designated personnel.
- Review the project scope, proposals, job specification and resolve differences.
- Present your constructive feedback to the person giving direction in a respective manner to achieve the best solution possible.
- Design, write code for, and integrate control systems on new and existing equipment.
- Provide technical expertise and support on equipment, processes and methods aimed at sustaining or increasing output.
- Design, test, and validate systems (individually or as a member of a team).
- Work independently and with a team of CIM Engineers to assist in software development aspects of larger projects.
- Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, procedures, and standards imposed by the company, customer and current legislation.
- Assist or lead in the development and implementation of applications
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow through with a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Deliver projects on time in the shortest amount of time and least cost as possible without sacrificing scope or quality.
- Provide daily status notes on launch and during projects.
- Participate in training when made available.
- Make suggestions for improvements where possible.
- Respect work, safety, environment, and health standards imposed by the company, customer and current legislation.
- Local and international travel is required in this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Support for Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) projects from project design, implementation, production launch, to project closure.
- Involved in design, development, installation, and configuration of new and existing equipment automation together with equipment/process personnel.
- Provide hardware and software ideas or request to improve productivity or quality.
- Provide daily CIM operation support to end users to ensure system availability.
- Work together with other CIM and IT personnel on system launches and upgrades.
- Involved in new and existing production line expansion installation and support.
- Research of new technology or CIM applications to provide feedback to team for new enhancements.
- Continuous self-improvement.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field or 5 years of practical experience in the field.
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience in Computer Integration Manufacturing.
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement.
- We seek a candidate who is dynamic and flexible with high adaptability to changes.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of machine integration, equipment monitoring system and bar-code tracking solution.
- Proficiency in Rockwell or Siemens PLC programming.
- Excellent system troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as JAVA, C, and HTML would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with relational databases would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of networks and IT systems is a benefit.
- Proficient in PC operating systems and high level of ability with Microsoft office products.
- Individual must be able to physically perform the following while carrying a laptop in a backpack:
- Climb a two story ladder.
- Walk a mile in under 20 minutes
- Be able to walk around the job site.
- Lift up to 30lbs or 15Kg without difficulty
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.