The DevOps Engineer will oversee code releases and manage the IT infrastructure that's needed to support software code in our cloud environments. Provision required resources, select an appropriate deployment model, direct the testing protocol to validate release and monitor performance after release. Tasks may include preparing test data, analyzing results, troubleshooting problems and communicating issues back to development.
Main tasks and duties
- Act as subject matter expert for the whole Solution & Software in regards to DevOps topics;
- Define and maintain the Solution & Software DevOps strategy for IT products organization;
- Validate the different program DevOps activities and the adherence to the overall Roche strategy;
- Provide support for programs and products during the whole development lifecycle (e.g. PoC, collaborate in feasibility studies, participate in technical spikes, etc.);
- Contribute to the identification of program-relevant shortcomings / needs in the different Solution & Software activities and trigger related initiatives;
- Drive the DevOps tooling selection to maximize the standardization within IT Products organization, manage license usage and act as main contact with other areas regarding tooling;
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the best practices documents associated with the different Solution and Software activities and aligned with the division standards;
- Lead and monitor the DevOps related team activities together with our business partner;
- Represent IT Products organization on IT, toolchain and Solution Software DevOps in the Roche global communities.
- Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient communication within the team;
- Responsible for defining, adjusting and maintaining the DevOps Board structure and process;
- Responsible for the proactive involvement and alignment with all interfacing organization units inside and outside RDC;
- Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient reporting to enable proactive management and handling of important and urgent issues within the team;
- Strong communication skills with both external team members and internal business stakeholders;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with stakeholders;
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
Required Lead DevOps Competencies
- Understanding of DevOps patterns and best practices;
- Understanding of System, Solution and Enterprise DevOps definition and execution;
- To permanently optimize processes to increase quality and efficiency standards;
- Overall understanding of the domain and Roche’s processes and regulatory constraints;
- Leadership skills to facilitate collaboration and challenge status to drive results;
- Able to perform adequate stakeholder management and lead the process to a successful outcome.
Knowledge & Experience Required
Has worked with and has proficiency with DevOps tools in the following areas:
- Version Control (Git);
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins);
- Microservices application architecture (Docker, Kubernetes);
- Solid knowledge of Amazon Web Services;
- Strong background in configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, TF and Ansible;
- Familiarity and understanding of security practices and DevSecOps automation;
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field;
- Experience supporting deployments and builds in critical environments;
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables);
- 3+ years scripting languages.
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our .
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.