- We are looking to fill several positions as Field Assistant and Language Interpreter for the IHP Cities program from Oct. 6th to Nov. 1st, to accompany and provide language interpretation into English to students during their time in the classroom space and site visits across Barcelona.
- We are looking for candidates who can overlap both positions at an average of 15 hours per week in a flexible schedule to be defined collaboratively based on the program schedule and an "on-call" system to cover possible student emergencies or medical needs.
- Field Assistants will support basic logistics and travel needs in addition to providing paraphrasing language interpretation into English, accompany the group to site visits, provide a personal view of local Barcelona realities, as well as be available to accompany students to address needs such as seeking medical attention at local clinics or hospitals.
- Language Interpreters will be called on to support language interpretation between our students and both Spanish and Catalan speakers who may be presenting a lecture or leading a site visit. The Interpreter should have substantial fluency with all 3 languages and be able to effectively communicate between all parties using the consecutive (and not simultaneous) interpretation method.
- A stimulating cultural experience with students based in U.S for a full month
- A perfect scenario to put in practice your interpretation skills
- The possibility to participate in other IHP programs along the year
Qué es lo que pedimos
- Mínimo estudios universitarios requeridos
- Be able to accommodate flexible hours
- Fluency and ability to work in an English speaking environment
- Work with minimal supervision, proactive and self-motivated, team work
- Enthusiasm to work with and relate to a diverse population of undergraduate students
- Dedication to social justice (be member or participant of any entity connected to the social or political movements of the city) or cross-cultural education
- Attend the opening dinner/orientation (Oct 6th 7-9: 30 pm) and closing appreciation dinner (Nov 1st, 8-10pm)
- Travel to 3-5 site visits to help with logistics/travel coordination and English language interpretation for smaller groups of students.
- Assist one "Case Study" research group of 6-8 students to help arrange meetings with local organizations and leaders working on city planning, transit, and climate-change-related policies and support language interpretation needs. Attend students Case Study presentations.
- Provide practical assistance and language support to individual students during a once-a-week "autonomous research" block of time.
- Help students in need of medical attention as needed, including taking students to clinics/hospitals and arranging services (may overlap with afternoon work hours and in emergency case during evenings). Field Assistants will be placed on a calendar where members of the IHP team (Traveling Fellow, Country Coordinator, Program Assistants, Field Assistants) need to be available at certain times in case of emergency on a rotating basis. If a Field Assistant ends up spending significant time dealing with emergencies, we will take them out of the rotation schedule and re-assign those times to others on the team.
Universidad, Máster, Otros
Horas a la semana
5 - 25
Tipo de contrato
Media jornada, Trabajo estudiantes, Prácticas
Entre 500€ y 600€ Al mes
Accompany and provide language interpretation into English to student group
Tipo de trabajo
Trabajo en educacion
Carnet de conducir
Carta de motivación