As part of Groupon's Development team, the Head of Business Development will help source and execute partnership opportunities aimed at accelerating Groupon's growth.
As Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for executing Groupon's strategic vision for all of Spain's new business including managing the Divisional Sales Managers (DSMs), collaborating with our marketing teams, and ensuring the training is consistent across all Business Development reps.
You will need management and sales experience, and you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your sales leadership on a grand scale. This is a unique opportunity to coach and develop and grow sales reps and teams at multiple levels.
- Evaluate and explore strategic partnership opportunities for Groupon.
- Work with business leaders to develop strategies for partnerships that solve their needs. Identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities and develop a robust pipeline of deals.
- Screen potential deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, financial implications and internal priorities.
- Represent Groupon in meetings with executive-level counterpart.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration with Groupon's operations, examining risks and estimating partners's needs and goals.
- Oversee execution of each opportunity through close collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Deliver regular performance updates to partners and internal constituents.
- Business degree or equivalent experience required; experience in a business development capacity within the media or technology industry.
- 5+ years experience in BD and managing managers. Experience in Corporate Development, Product Management, Marketing, Management Consulting will be a plus.
- A highly analytical, strong strategic thinker with knowledge of online business models and a passion for e-commerce/ local commerce.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships inside and outside of Groupon in order to cultivate a robust pipeline of deal opportunities.
- Well-organized, entrepreneurial and able to prioritize among multiple projects with limited supervision.
- Able to expertly communicate ideas to internal and external parties.
- English and Spanish fluent level.
- This position is based in our Madrid office.