Position Snapshot Nespresso’s E-Commerce UX/UI Front-end Team is searching for a Full-stack (PHP) Developer to join our team and support us in maintaining and enhancing both our responsive website as well as in-house solutions supporting it. As an ideal candidate, you are as passionate about technology (front-end and back-end) as you are about user experience, user interfaces and quality assurance. Your ability to quickly understand and leverage new technologies and solutions is as valuable for us as your compromise to deliver solutions on time and quality. This assignment is conceived as asix (6) months-long internship for undergraduates (with a possible extension), but all candidates will be considered.
Objectives of this Role
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design.
- Collaborate in documenting current and future solutions, enforcing documentation standards.
- Develop or validate testing schedules, addressing all browsers and devices to ensure various computers can access content.
Daily and Monthly Responsabilities
- Meet with front-end developers, technical owners, product owners and other stakeholders to understand functional and technical requirements and refine specifications as needed.
- Develop, document and maintain strategic operational systems, tools, and processes.
- Ensure software stability via regression, support quality assurance, and perform unit and user-acceptance testing to identify bugs and ensure production operations run successfully.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by customers, develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design
- Perform regular file backups to local directories for recovery
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or similar.
- Firm understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and new technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of software development best practices.
- Smooth multitasker.
- Collaborative problem solver.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Proven ability with both Mac and Windows laptops.
- Proven ability implementing web applications (any Unix flavor).
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes would be a BIG plus.
- Previous software development experience (web) would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with Drupal would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with Confluence and JIRA would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with vue.js or Google Tag Management (GTM) would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with InVision and/or Sketch would be a BIG plus.
Terms & Conditions
- Salary 960 € / month
- 70% Grant canteen
- Access to supermarket Nestle (30% and 50% off)
- Insurance with Zurich during the traineeship
- Start date: end ofJanuary 2020 / beginning of February 2020
Tipo de contrato
Tipo de trabajo
Servicios Consultoría IT
Carnet de conducir
Carta de motivación