Job Description Nespresso’s E-Commerce UX/UI Front-end Team is searching for a technical writer to join our team and help us take our internal documentation to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you are a firm believer in precise, clear, easy to follow communication and enjoy documenting the guts out of artifacts produced by others in a software development or computer science environment. You are methodical and used to following and enforcing standards. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand. This assignment is conceived as a six (6) months-long internship for undergraduates (with a possible extension), but all candidates will be considered.
Objectives of this Role
- Help us improve the front-end team’s documentation standards, both technical and non-technical (e.g. user manuals, release notes / communications, etc…)
- Obtain a deep understanding of the front-end team’s products and duties to translate complex information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Produce user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
Daily and Monthly Responsabilities
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various stakeholders to understand project requirements, target audience(s) and communicational goals.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and/or produce procedure manuals, technical specifications, user manuals and other types of document.
- Create and maintain documentation templates.
- Revise existing documentation and verify correct and consistent enforcement of agreed upon standards / templates.
- Identify opportunities for improving the organization of existing and future documentation and define and execute actions for improvement in agreement with the front-end team lead and other developers.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, digital communication, technical communication or similar.
- Firm understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Solid English communication skills (written and verbal) are a mandatory.
- Comprehensive understanding of front-end development duties, technologies, best practices, etc…
- Solid knowledge of software documentation standards (sequence diagrams, workflows, etc…)
- Smooth multitasker.
- Ability to handle multiple projects / tasks simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Previous experience writing documentation for multiple audiences.
- Proven ability producing videos, screen captures and visual aids / content in general.
- Previous software development experience would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with Confluence and JIRA would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with vue.js or Google Tag Manager (GTM) would be a BIG plus.
- Previous experience with InVision and/or Sketch would be a BIG plus.
Terms & Conditions
- Salary 960 € / month
- 70% Grant canteen
- Access to supermarket Nestle (30% and 50% off)
- Insurance with Zurich during the traineeship
- Start date: end ofJanuary 2020 / beginning of February 2020
Tipo de contrato
Tipo de trabajo
Servicios Consultoría IT
Carnet de conducir
Carta de motivación