ATS Program Manager II - Carrier Operations
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Program Manager – Carrier Operations to join our team!
As an integral part of the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team, the Program Manager - Carrier operations will work to improve carriers performance for a specific geographical market. The ATS team works with Amazon’s FCs, Sort Centers, Delivery Stations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions.
This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, solid work ethic and drive, the ability to work independently and with primary stakeholders to solve complex medium and large scale issues, the ability to recommend solutions to various problems, and the skill to manage both with and without authority. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
As a Program Manager for Carrier Operations, your key responsibilities will include:
· Maintain high operational standard with carriers on safety, performance, process compliance
· Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, development of SOPs
· Be innovative and support new features/ideas development with tech teams on Relay platform to improve carrier experience or process improvement
· Managing projects to ensure Amazon requirements are communicated & executed by Line Haul carriers
· Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features, and drives technical scoping as needed.
· Work across the EU in a cross-functional environment and communicate with external customers (Carriers) and internal customers (Software Support, Fulfilment Centers).
· Partnering with stakeholders to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis to help drive projects
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
· A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· +5 years’ work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce
· Excellent written skills and ability to communicate across all levels of management
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical individuals
· Fluent in English
· A Master degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
· Experience in Transportation and familiarity with concepts such as planning, scheduling, quality assurance, auditing
· Performance Management experience
· Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
· Fluent in English and one European language: Italian, French or Spanish