ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Organize, lead or teach a specialized recreation program, activity or class such as adult and senior day trips, outdoor adventures, dance/fitness classes, special events, or other recreational activities.
2. Promote and coordinate a specific program, service, activity or class; prepare marketing materials including news releases, flyers, schedules of events, pamphlets and brochures.
3. Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program or class participants; monitor and inspect assigned facilities for needed maintenance; clean facilities as needed.
4. Develop program or class curriculum and calendar of activities; modify program or class activities and schedules as required.
5. Supervise and monitor the behavior of program or class participants; enforce applicable rules and regulations; provide appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
6. Evaluate assigned programs or classes for needed supplies and equipment; order or obtain supplies as needed; issue supplies and equipment to participants; provide assistance in setting up for various activities.
7. Monitor program or class performance; recommend and implement modifications to systems and procedures.
8. Maintain records and develop reports concerning new or ongoing programs or classes and program and class effectiveness.
9. Supervise, direct and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel.
10. Under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, responsible for application, administration and implementation of grants.
11. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
12. Develop survey instruments; conduct surveys of program or class participants to determine participant needs; interpret and record survey results; implement or adjust programs or classes based on survey findings.