The SAP HR Platform Manager is a trusted advisor for business and IT, providing clear technology and process direction to Zurich stakeholders and performing the technical validation of supplier solutions to ensure that they are in line with Zurich technology standards.
This position is to support the current Head of HR Systems within Zurich's Global Functions & Shared Utilities Organization. The Platform Manager provides technical expertise from a Zurich perspective to various aspects of Zurich's SAP IT infrastructure.
• Ensures and supports existing landscape strategy and operations for Zurich's Global SAP HR systems.
• Defines, evolves & supports Infrastructure operating model & KPIs
• S upports the functional manager with the Planning, scheduling and coordination of system upgrades together with the Release Management and third-party supplier.
• Is the liaison between Global IT, Global HR, the Business Units and third-party suppliers for all landscape and system related activities.
• Defines future landscape strategy, roadmap and integrations with SAP Cloud Platform and potential future migration to S4HANA and existing systems decommissioning.
As a SAP HR Platform Manager your main responsibilities will involve acting as the single point of contact for all system landscape activities within the responsibility of SAP Global HR applications, working on:
SAP client & different level landscape concepts. Sizing and capacity planning.
• Upgrade strategies, planning & execution. Is the operational cutover manager for all project deployments.
• Coordinate SAP relation in other segments or Business areas, to analyze the impact on the existing SAP systems within Global HR and to advise on an application design integration.
• Act as a release manager, making sure that all requirements defined by the software releases gets organized and done in the various applications.
• Support the functional manager in driving SAP best practices standards across the SAP HR landscapes.
• Ensure efficient governance, security and audit standards for the platform. Acts as the central point for all technical audit initiatives.
• Stay connected and aligned with service management concerning customer needs and requirements, HR Support Packages, CLCs, system refreshes, etc.
• Act as the central point of contact for any incidents that impact Global HR customers and ensures appropriate resolution activities are completed on a timely basis and with minimal disruption.
Your Skills and Experience
As a SAP HR Platform Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
University degree in IT and/or Business management
Excellent understanding of transport manager functionality in SAP
Very well experienced in SAP Basis tasks and infrastructure
Excellent Release Management skills
Good experience in SAP ECC6 and older releases, with a minimum 5 years of experience in SAP ERP implementations (Minimum of two E2E projects in implementing SAP (at least 1 is global)
Good SAP Solution Manager know how to support the Platform Management.
Functional / technical understanding of SAP Cloud Platform is a plus
5-10 years of experience of HR IT technologies, in particular SAP/SuccessFactors would also be a big plus
Used to project work and project environment.
Self-organized. Being able to work proactively and in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
Significant experience working in cross-border and diverse cultural environments and especially in large multinational organizations with sophisticated processes and stakeholder relationships.
Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish/German could be advantageous
Experience working with ITIL, ideally ITIL certified.
Experience in SAP and environmental structure/ constraints
Experience of business process transformation.
Experience of communicating technical issues in a non-technical manner that can be understood by a global audience.
Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts, define alternatives to remove technical roadblocks
Knowledge and understanding of current Agile planning techniques and technologies
Primary work location is Barcelona. This position requires approximately 15% of time traveling. You can apply by clicking on the button "Apply online"
Who we are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You'd give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It's a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.