Company Description As a member of the lastminute.com group you’ll be heavily involved in our mission of simplifying our travellers’ life.
We are the European market leader in the online travel and leisure industry. Our company consists of well known brands like lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost. More than 10 million customers worldwide discover and book their trips through our mobile apps or websites which are available in 15 languages across 35 countries.
We are a technology company at our core. We build and develop our own scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers.
We are looking for brilliant people, not for a list of skills. While reading key responsibilities of the role, please consider that we value attitude more than your expertise. Are you curious and passionate about working in a constantly evolving and challenging international environment? Even if you don’t feel to fit the role 100%, please apply: put your willingness to learn and we will grow together!
Key Responsibilities will include
- Designing, writing and testing clean code using design patterns
- Create resilient, secure and performant applications able to serve millions of requests per day
- Contribute in simplifying and improving the infrastructure, always focusing on CI/CD
- Learn from colleagues and share your knowledge
- Interact with all stakeholders finding solutions for company evolutions
- Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects.
- Contribute in the R&D of the company stack, proposing effective solutions
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
Skills and Experience
- + 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer programming in Object Oriented languages ( C++, Java, Python etc.)
- Problem solving capabilities
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Willingness to work inside a team
- Curiosity and passion for continuous improvement
- Customer orientation
- Knowledge of Italian and English
What We Offer
- Working in an international agile environment using eXtreme Programming
- Bleeding edge technology stack (Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Vert.x, ReactJS, React Native and more ...)
- Continuous learning program with internal didactic unit
- Possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
- Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
- Internal technical conference (technical lunch)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work
- Possibility to join the Erasmus program (temporary relocation among our offices)
- Complimentary fruit, beverages, coffees and a dedicated lounge area
- Preferential prices reserving through our platform
- Discounts from external partners
Candidates for this position can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following one (please consider that based on location and availability the process can be slightly modified)
- Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our Recruiting team
- Based on role and experience, candidate might be requested to solve a coding exercise to submit on a public repository on Github. Exercise will be assessed by our internal Engineering team
- Onsite Coding -Techical interview: a coding exercise to solve together pairing with our Engineering team in your favourite programming language, plus a talk about technical stuffs, experiences and analyzing possible production scenarios
You’ll have the opportunity to meet our technical leaders and understand a little bit more about our continuous learning environment!
Follow our technical team!