Are you looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? Millions of people and companies place their trust in Zurich products and services every day. Our 55,000 employees in more than 215 countries are the basis of our success. It is they who allow companies and communities to face a world of risks with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You would give them confidence and peace of mind protecting what they love most. It is a great challenge, but you will have the support of a great international team that is willing to help you so that you can reach your full potential and thus fulfill our promises.
Accept the challenge. Get inspired Help us make a difference.
Zurich is an employer that provides equal opportunities. We attract and retain the best talents, regardless of race / ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
In Zurich, we greatly value the experience and knowledge of our employees. The responsibility of your professional development is in your hands and we give you our support to meet your needs for progress and change by offering you different opportunities in all business areas.
"We are in a moment of cultural and business transformation. Precisely for this reason, we need to incorporate different, unique, creative and exceptional people who want to be part of this change and take on new challenges. "
This new role will support the internal Procurement team to create and implement our Procurement & Sourcing management strategy. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of all spend categories. Knowledge of the financial services sector would be an advantage. Excellent market & supplier knowledge and best practice using most appropriate sourcing methods.
Is key to have the experience more than 5 years managing stakeholders in complex situations.
The selected candidate will demonstrate strong sourcing strategy skills and use these effectively to ensure business risks are minimized, contractual value is maximized, and appropriate governance is established & managed. A key deliverable will be to manage the year on year cost reduction efforts and actually deliver these cost savings against agreed targets.
The ideal candidate will be in charge of supporting the implementation process of a category management strategy locally as well as aligned where applicable with global strategies in order to drive cost savings and efficiencies across our different spend categories (IT, HR, Marketing, Facilities, Corporate Professional Services, etc.).
Your role will include:
• Ensuring that all spends are sourced and managed in accordance with appropriate Zurich governance and risk policies.
• Driving the Zurich cost reduction effort and delivering realisable cost savings for the business
• Execute sourcing events using current Coupa System
• Establish spend profile across the relevant categories.
• Contributing to the development of each category plan, including current and future demand.
• A source of expert market & supplier knowledge for each spend category
• Gather qualitative & quantitative data as required from internal & external networking/benchmarking.
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships with operational and senior stakeholders, to fully understand and help shape business requirements.
• Establishing cross functional teams to review & challenge current state and deliver innovative sourced solutions.
• Reducing the cost of sourced solutions, by implementing strategies around demand challenge, joint process improvement and restructuring supplier relationships as appropriate.
• Keep track and file the contractual agreements for all suppliers in scope of this role taking into account contract renewal
dates, extensions and upcoming negotiations.
• To troubleshoot all supplier problems and present to upper management as required.
• Support and share the ownership of the compliance policies including the Procure to pay system tool
• Challenge recurrent spend with market solutions.
• Negotiaton of prices and contracts.
Your Skills and Experience
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
Team-oriented, with proved collaboration and leadership skills.
Action oriented with a capacity to drive change and addresses challenges energetically
Experienced Project manager
Highly self-motivated and directed coupled with a strong client service orientation
5 years or more, experience in procurement & sourcing, with relevant category management level roles, in large/medium sized organisations
Familiar with on-line sourcing tools and market leading sourcing approaches, specially Coupa Tool or similar
Ability to efficiently manage large volumes of spend data and establish clear & effective recommendations quickly and present these to senior business stakeholders.
Capacity to proactively engage with the business and supply market and be prepared to robustly challenge current thinking within the business.
Proven ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
High level presentation and communication skills with articulate report writing skills for executive level review.
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal customers and external vendors and suppliers; thus, someone who is empathetic and emotionally intelligent able to connect with key business stakeholders who will perceive the Category Manager as a value-adding partner.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish (native and/or full proficiency).
Knowledge of insurance/finance business environment, service requirements and culture will be additional value.
The workplace will be in our offices in Barcelona.
We are already on our way and we are changing the way we do insurance. In order to do so we need people with talent, willing to learn and a lot of passion! Want to Join Us?
"ZURICH, 13 CONSECUTIVE YEARS AS TOP EMPLOYER. FOR THOSE WHO TRULY LOVE! "
Zurich Insurance tiene y aplica una política de igualdad de oportunidades de empleo. Nuestro objetivo es atraer y retener los mejores profesionales sin discriminar por discapacidad, raza, nacionalidad, religión, género, orientación sexual o edad.